Translate

Sunday 11 November 2012

No Tv, no toys for the children....

Other than using the television as a much welcomed break, I relied on a selection of toys to keep my children occupied when I couldn't play with them. For the past few weeks, I have been noticing how things have changed with the older two. What they amuse themselves with these days;
1) Seven Hands or Donkey - being taught the former by their dad and the latter by my mum, keeps the four of them busy and they love it and look forward to their daily games. I am not a fan at all..
2) Housie / Bingo - Three sets brought by my inlaws, being used in rotation, with so much joy when the Jaldi 5 happens. Keeps my youngest busy as well, with the numbers board anad scratching out random numbers.
3) Duvet House - Taking all the duvets from the beds and creating their cave/house/whatever.
4) Teddy Shop - Again, taking down their 100 odd soft toys from the shelves and putting them into a shop on their beds, complete with credit cards, shopping bags etc. Fantastic just for the time it takes them to put the toys out, never mind the time it takes me to put them back.
5) Writing poems/stories etc on each side of the blackboard easel. The eldest starts and then the middle one follows to copy his sister and their mum feels very pleased they are getting some writing practice etc!


No comments:

Post a Comment