Translate

Thursday 22 November 2012

Birmingham city centre ..my thoughts

Following on from my reasons to like living in Birmingham, here's my take on the city centre, having been there this morning.
Though Merry Hill, Kingfisher and Fort are less than 30 mins away and 2 have free parking, nothing beats Birmingham city centre. Number one is the Bullring, with its many shops, parking, ability to keep you warm and dry etc. Almost all of our children's clothes when they were under 5 were bought at Debenhams there, mostly in the sales.
Come out of the Bullring and there's Zara, which is a must for children's clothes, in the sale. On the other side of the Bullring are the lovely markets. It feels good to buy from the sellers directly, and to find 10 nectarines for a pound etc. Then the fresh fish and meat markets which have clams, crabs, and all sorts of fish.
Back to the shops, and there are Primark, BHS and Marks within a minute or two, and then shops for ages all around. Walk up New Street towards Body Shop and there's the beautiful 'Lady in the Water' as my oldest used to call her, or as she's known - Floozie in the Jacuzzi. Town Hall is lovely and so is the Museum - for a wander, and its free. I have had several trips to the Central Library with the kids in a double buggy, just for their children's activities and the range of books they have. Further on is The Rep and my former workplace....
Back again to New Street and there are hundreds of shops leading on. Slaters is lovely for menswear at reasonable prices, Next Clearance has some gems amid the chaos, at least 3 99p baguette shops and tons of places to eat.
Last of all, my pet grudge - the parking charges....two places I now park at are the car park opposite Marks- next to Moor Street and the multistorey after the markets without a lift!
Can go on and on but its already too much info....maybe in another post I'll do the quirky secrets of City Centre I've found....

No comments:

Post a Comment