Translate

Monday 30 June 2014

Lego Cake


 Chose a Lego Cake to do for the littlest's birthday - why I have no idea and I wish I'd chosen something simpler! Its much harder than it looks and these *&^%$ moulds ate up half the icing until I realised oiling them might help. Other two children very much wanting to help and looking at me struggling with the icing decided to 'just watch Mummy' - sensible. Moulds very cheap on Ebay - Ive never bought tools to make a cake and should have stuck with a DIY job. Final straw was the cake sticking to the pan and half of it refusing to come out - whyyyyyyyyyyy. Never mind, overall was an ok job and didnt collapse, the youngest loved it and its all finished, other than some leftover lego icing bits! Stuck the icing on with jam, first time using it instead of buttercream. After the non stop disasters with the cake and moulds, didnt really want to try buttercream.....Jam did a fantastic job.


No comments:

Post a Comment