Translate

Monday 19 November 2012

10 reasons I like living in Birmingham....

Too many people berating Birmingham and the accent and feeling sorry for me living here. I like being here very much because:
1) It is England's second largest city and has tons of stuff to do and diverse places to go to, for children or adults or both.
2) Fantastic Indian food shopping half an hour away in Soho Road, Handsworth.
 (Also where I get my eyebrows threaded for £2 and big hot fresh samosas for 25p each.)
3) Choice of good schools - we have 3 primary school in our catchment area and grammar/private secondary schools are a 10 min drive away. Love being able to walk my children to school.
4) Lovely friendly people, at least on our street and the streets around us who bring our children things, stop for a small chat or help out.
5) Costco half an hour away.
6) Enough activities for children in the holidays to keep them busy, most of them free or very low cost.
7) Very cosmopolitan.
8) The Women's Hospital where my children were born and the Children's Hospital
 (where we haven't been for a while thankfully) - such fantastic, hardworking staff.
9) Merry Hill
(geographically in Dudley, but close to us). Hate paying for parking and queues at the Bullring and walking out into the cold to Marks/BHS/Primark etc.
10) Chennai Dosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment