Translate

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Meandering thoughts on going back to work....

So many conversations with other mums about going back to work, finding the right job and of course, earning enough to pay for three children's childcare.
I am trying to find work in what I have been trained to do and had a career in, without success. Haven't searched wholeheartedly because my youngest has a few months before preschool but there are much less jobs around than when my first went to the childminder's 6 years ago.
I would like to work part time but that in itself is a rarity in my field, where there are tons of applicants for each job.
At this age and with this experience, I need to build my career, not start doing administrative work or something unrelated.
Have been told often to start a business, its the right time etc etc, but cannot get my head around it.
Also have been told to enjoy my children at this age and that it won't last long, I have all my life to build a career etc.
Fortunately, I'm not the only seemingly wishful thinker around, most mums I speak to, who have given up work when their kids were born, feel the same and cannot find appropriate work.

On the other side, a few more weeks before we go to Bombay/Goa!

No comments:

Post a Comment