Translate

Thursday 9 January 2014

Leftover ham quiche with Pillsbury atta!

Children like quiche. French friend who keeps saying and showing me how easy it is to do. Me being not very successful with pastry. H not liking too much of any sort of pastry.
Cue experimenting with Pillsbury atta and olive oil at home. Result is much nicer than I imagined, and Ive done it a few times. Its still nice and crisp, not crumbly though, like shortcrust. Maybe I need to try it with butter.
In principle, its the same as a paratha, but the oil is in the dough, not put on the outside.
Also had a huge leg of ham leftover from Christmas which I'd frozen. Chopped it up into chunks, with some roasted veg and 3 eggs.
Result lovely, this is the latest attempt. I dont add a lot of cheese, do a lot of filling instead.
Around 2 cups of Pillsbury flour with 4 tbsps of olive oil and cold water. The oil makes it much easier to roll out, without using extra flour.
Next time need to try it with some masala filling like mince.....! Or maybe not.....lets see.

This is the pastry base which I baked for 10 mins, with tiny cuts in to avoid rising (it does rise surprisingly, as I found out previously!)









Et voila!
Our French friend will probably be horrified!

PS I needed to cook this for another 15 mins more (this is after 20 mins of baking) for the top to get golden brown and rise enough and the pastry to get crisp.

3 eggs.
Some milk
Ham as much as you like!
Some sort of veg
Milk or cream - quarter cupful.

No comments:

Post a Comment