Translate

Saturday 21 December 2013

Started batch 2 of the kulkuls and Christmas pudding in the slow cooker!


 Kulkuls in progress, I've now tweaked the recipe to add a bit more sugar and a bit more semolina/rava...... this is the result of more than an hour of shaping, with the children and H helping....?
Wish it would be quicker. I've done a fruit cake, which took 15 mins of prep and then the baking.

 Fortunately, the end result wasnt as dark brown as my usual,figured out how to be patient and let the kulkuls fry on low heat for longer.
Unfortunately a quarter of what I've made is finished by children who think its the best thing to happen to food on a Sat (I think its forgetting to feed them a full lunch and their empty tummies).

This is my oldest's shortbread, made into smaller shapes using a plastic bottle lid. Just flour butter and sugar, nothing else, baked for 8 mins. Tastes gorgeous, suggested she dip half into melted chocolate.
A new addition to our Christmas sweets.

Not to forget the Christmas pudding I've tried in the slow cooker, its been cooking since afternoon and hopefully will turn out ok. Much easier to do than I expected, the proof is in the ........

Tomorrow is time for the rose cookies - notoriously difficult I've heard and seen, never tried. Also the marzipan penguins. To post pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment