Translate

Sunday 17 November 2013

Goodies from Goa!

 Friends coming back from Goa, pack of goodies :)
My mum loves Pascoal's Bakery in Mapusa, picture shows the doce she's bought from there. Usually its the bolinas. They are very fresh and we get a big huge box when she comes or we go to Calangute.
The doce is very good. Conclusion from H who usually doesnt like the standard version.
I went to Pascoal's last year, actually this Jan. Its bang in the middle of Mapusa market, in all the madness, a very small but very busy bakery, staffed by 4-5 even busier women (at the time I went). They dont have a huge selection but what there is, is very good.
Reminded me of St Xavier's Cafe, which I have been going to since I was a year old or younger, been told. Now of course, its jazzed up and a potato chop costs much more than it did. Think a mince samosa is Rs14? Still love going there.
 We arent going to India for a while now, things happening here,
plus both sides of parents have been over a few months ago. I'm going to miss our annual trip and all the shopping/eating my pani puris and meeting friends. Lots to look forward to here though.

Forgot to mention, thats aam papad in the picture, H likes it and my mum remembered to send it. I'm not a fan.
Costa's Bebinca is a fantastic solution to transporting and then gorging on homemade non preservative filled Bebinca before it gets spoilt.
The kids used to love it, still do, but eat less of it now.
And of course, the mandatory cashewnuts.......again in Mapusa market, I was told to only buy drum roasted and nothing else.....never heard of it before but they did taste nicer. Like roasting them in an oven, or better......

No comments:

Post a Comment