Translate

Saturday 24 August 2013

Roses

Saddled with a large neglected garden........Since we moved, I've focused on the house and sorting it out. Put the garden out of my mind for a while. With the advent of my mum along with the gardener's absence along with buying hedge trimmers, have been forced to sort the neglected overgrown bushes out. The few flowers that have survived are these stunning huge roses that keep popping up at various parts. The largest is the size of my splayed hand....cut one of these as seen below.

These tiny beauties are not from the garden but from Morrisons - the second flowering. They were just a pound and some and very pretty to look at. There's another similar plant upstairs on the landing with lots more roses. I'm now discovering the thing of cutting roses back after they are dead and have new growth leading to flowers happen again.
Edited to add, this is the rose plant on the landing:

This is the cyclamen, again flowering the second time round, from Cofton Nursery (the City Council) where I've found lovely much cheaper plants. This was bought 4-5 months ago, flowered, died, was left in the garage, resurrected, watered and voila!

Seems to be good luck with the flowers and roses in this house which I have always been careful to stay away from. Hopefully it will continue. Happy to receive any tips for rose growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment