Translate

Sunday 7 July 2013

White chocolate blueberry torte, caprese salad and an easy Peppa Pig cake


Its been a long time since I last blogged properly - real life being too busy. It was my youngest's 3rd birthday, this is the easy option I went for, for his much wanted Peppa Pig cake. If I had the time, and not had to focus on the cooking for his party, cleaning etc etc, would have done the figures in icing, but the main thing was that he was happy. Cake toppers from eBay are an easy quick option for a pound.

For another time we had people over for lunch, this is a 'caprese' salad, cherry tomatoes with a bit of mozzarella and mint/basil on the top. My version here used our wild garlic in the garden :)

This is the dessert I made for the 3rd birthday lunch - White Chocolate Torte with blueberries on the top. Its gorgeous and a must try. Cannot do proper chocolate because of H so have to experiment with the white. I've tweaked the BBC Good Food recipe a bit for us and its still divine.
To those who keep asking, its not a cheesecake, there is no cheese, just cream and white chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment