Translate

Thursday 14 March 2013

My vegetarian fry up Mother's Day breakfast

Twice a year, my husband goes downstairs with the children and gives them breakfast - my birthday and Mother's Day. Of course, with a few exceptions!
This year, with the 'processed meat is harmful' news coming the day before, he decided to do the vegetarian option for breakfast.
We'd ordered vegetarian bacon from Ocado a few years ago, can't remember much - it was forgettable.
This time round, it was Tesco's Lincolnshire sausages, which tasted like potato and cheese cutlets, and the bacon was like bacon, but artificial and cardboardy. I thought it was passable but the children were looking puzzled and wondered what sort of mutated food they were being given. One of them asked if these were the kind of sausages and bacon we were going to have to eat for ever.....
Its nice if you want to feel good about not eating loads of sodium nitrite etc but I miss my proper pork sausages.......

No comments:

Post a Comment