Translate

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Pink Castle Cake

A few birthdays ago, made this Castle Cake when my daughter was in her pink phase. Her party was at Dudley Zoo - and at the Castle, one of many we have had there, so, thought this would be easier than an animal. Looks more difficult to do than it actually is.
I did a large square sponge, a smaller round sponge and bought a small swiss roll from Sainsbury's for the top. Another time, did 3 loaf tin sponges for the bottom and iced together. Of course some ice cream cones and made lots of pink buttercream.
Buttercream is very easy to do, unfortunately for Betty Crocker (icing) and the loads I used to buy. Just a bit of butter and icing sugar in the mixer for a bit, and any food colouring.
Useful tip - Grind normal sugar in my Sumeet until its a powder. Easy icing sugar.
I had leftover wafers which I cut for the doors and windows. A 75p pack of mini marshmallows from Sainsbury's for the ramparts or whatever and that was it.
Could have done some more decorations, made it a bit neater etc but as always, there's tons of other stuff to do for birthdays and, late at night, I decided to stop.
Total cost less than £8. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment